Hospitals, colleges, universities, private doctors' offices, and laboratories that work with radioactive materials need a license from the City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

The State licenses the use of radioactive materials for industrial purposes.

You can get an application and information about eligibility requirements.


Apply for a Radiation Producing Equipment Certificate of Registration.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No