Need something else?

As a condition of their release, some formerly incarcerated people must make payments to victims. This is called a restitution payment.

Payments are decided by the courts. The City's Department of Probation (DOP) monitors and enforces compliance.

Probationers may get a probation violation if they:

  • Fail to make restitution payments more than once
  • Don't appear in court to answer allegations that they violated the terms and conditions of their sentence

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No