If you participated in educational services while incarcerated at the NYC Department of Correction (DOC), you or a family member can request those records.

You can get a copy of your:

  • High School Equivalency/GED/TASC
  • High school diploma
  • Transcripts
  • Transitional plans
  • Exams that you took while in jail, including the TABE test or official GED or TASC practice tests

If you are a current DOC incarcerated person aged 16 to 21, you or a family member can also request that you be enrolled in school at Rikers Island.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No