Trash and recycling bags, bulk items, and containers, including dumpsters, may only be set out on the sidewalk at specific times.
- Residential properties may set out trash and recycling curbside the evening before their collection day:
- Between 6 PM and midnight if the items are in a bin with a secured lid, or
- Between 8 PM and midnight if the items are in bags
- Commercial properties that place waste and recycling at the curb have two options:
- If using a container with a secure lid, place waste at the curb 1 hour before closing, or
- If putting bags directly on the curb, place waste out after 8 PM
You can report residential or commercial properties that set out their waste at the wrong time.
Bins Left Out After Pickup
Residential and commercial properties must remove their empty trash and recycling bins from the sidewalk after the waste has been collected.
For residential properties:
- If pickup is before 4 PM, residents must retrieve bins by 9 PM.
- If pickup is after 4 PM, residents must retrieve bins by 9 AM the next morning.
For commercial properties, bins must be removed from the curb by the time the business reopens.
You can report residential or commercial properties not following these rules.
Report bins left out too long after pickup in front of a: