Call 911 to report an emergency situation or condition that might cause danger to life or personal property.
Need something else?
- FDNY Violation for information on violations that have already been issued for a fire hazard
You can file a complaint about a potential fire hazard.
Situations that may cause a fire hazard include:
- Unmaintained fire escapes
- Leaking sprinkler or standpipe systems
- Missing exit signs
- Lack of secondary exit
- Storage of paints or other combustible mixtures
- Illegal kerosene or propane grills and heaters
The Fire Department will issue summonses and violations when appropriate.
Download the Fire Hazard Complaint form.
Fax the completed form to (718) 999-7108