The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) supplies permits for the installation of any machine that will create dust, such as cement or woodworking machines. Dust producing machines also require dust collectors or other air pollution control equipment.

Users of this machinery must also have a Certificate of Operation, which you can get from DEP.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No