Need something else?

You can submit a request for new traffic (vehicle stoplight) or pedestrian (walk/don't walk) signals to the Department of Transportation (DOT). You must specify the type of signal in your request. You also can request a review of the timing of an existing signal.

DOT will respond to requests within 16 weeks of receipt.


Contact the Department of Transportation.

By Mail

Mail your request to:

Department of Transportation Commissioner
55 Water Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10041

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No