You can remove your name, or the name of a deceased relative, from most national mailing lists for magazines, catalogs, and other junk mail online or by mail.
It usually takes between one and six months before you see any reductions in your junk mail. Such services generally last between three to five years.
Get help from the Federal Trade Commission on reducing unwanted mail.
Send a signed letter to:
Direct Marketing Association
PO Box 643
Carmel, NY 10512
The letter must contain the following:
- The statement: "Please remove my name and address from all mailing lists."
- Your name and any variations of your name
- Your home address
- Your email address, if available (for confirmation purposes)
- A check or money order for one dollar payable to "DMA" or the "Direct Marketing Association"
- Agency: Opt Out Services
- Phone Number: (888) 567-8688
- Business Hours: 24 Hours