Need something else?

You can apply to move to a different New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) development. This is through the Emergency Transfer Program.

You must provide specific documentation to support an emergency transfer request.

The following are considered reasons for NYCHA tenant emergency transfer:

  • Court action
  • Foreclosure action and order to vacate
  • Intimidated victims (IV)
  • Intimidated witnesses (IW)
  • Natural disaster
  • Reasonable accommodation
  • 24-Hour failed HQS inspection
  • Violence against women reauthorization act (VAWA) victims

Learn more about NYCHA transfers.

You can request a transfer online or you can request a transfer form by phone.


You can request a transfer through the NYCHA SelfService Portal.

By Phone

You can request a Voucher Holder Request for Transfer form by calling the Customer Contact Center.

  • Agency: New York City Housing Authority
  • Division: Maintenance Hotline
  • Phone Number: (718) 707-7771
  • Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
  • Staff is available at all times to handle emergencies and schedule routine maintenance repairs for Mon - Fri: 6:00 AM - midnight. Automated assistance is also available in Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No