Call 911
Call 911 to report an unprotected street opening that could cause an accident.

You can report defective, noisy, shifted or missing steel plates. These metal plates are used by utilities, contractors and City agencies to cover excavations and highway defects during construction projects.

What Happens Next

The Department of Transportation (DOT) investigates and refers the repair request to the plate owner. Information about the agency or utility responsible for the reported steel plate will be available within 10 days of submitting a Service Request.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No