- Agency: Port Authority of NY and NJ
- Division: Tunnels, Bridges, and Terminals Customer Connection Information Line
- Phone Number: (800) 221-9903
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
As part of the new cashless tolling system, overhead equipment will instantly read a vehicle’s E-ZPass tag. If a vehicle doesn't have an E-ZPass tag, a photograph will be taken of its license plate and a toll bill will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. Vehicles should keep moving through the toll plaza at safe speeds.
Cashless tolling is currently in place for the Holland Tunnel and Lincoln Tunnel. For more information, visit panynj.gov/Tolls.
Holland Tunnel Overnight Closures
Beginning Sunday, February 5, the New Jersey-bound tube of the Holland Tunnel will close during off-peak hours six overnights each week due to necessary critical repair work. Overnight closures will be in place through 2025.
The weeknight closure schedule will be as follows:
- Sunday nights: 11 PM to 5:30 AM
- Monday nights: 11 PM to 5:30 AM
- Tuesday nights: 11 PM to 5:30 AM
- Wednesday nights: 11 PM to 5:30 AM
- Thursday nights: 11 PM to 5:30 AM
- Friday nights: 11:59 PM to 9 AM.
- Saturday nights: No scheduled closures
Learn more about the Holland Tunnel overnight closures.
During the New Jersey-bound tube repairs, motorists should take alternate routes or use mass transit alternatives when possible.
For motorists going to:
- Northern New Jersey: Use the George Washington Bridge
- Hudson or Essex counties: Use the Lincoln Tunnel
- Staten Island or southern New Jersey: Use the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge to the Goethals or Bayonne bridges, or the Outerbridge Crossing