Need something else?

United States citizens can apply for, renew, replace, or correct information on a passport at any acceptance location. These include many courts, post offices, libraries, and government offices.

If you are traveling within the next 14 days, you can get expedited service in person at a passport agency or center. You must bring proof of travel. You can also learn more by phone.


Learn more about applying for or renewing a passport, including application forms and acceptance locations.

By Phone

  • Agency: United States Department of State
  • Division: Passport Services
  • Phone Number: (877) 487-2778
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 10 PM; Saturday - Sunday: 10 AM - 3 PM
  • Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours. Automated assistance is also available in Spanish. Call volume is often high. If you don't get through, call back later or visit for assistance.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No