As of April 21, 2019, the current fares are:
- Subways, local buses, and Staten Island Railway: $2.75 (Reduced Fare: $1.35)
- Single ride (only sold at subway vending machines): $3
- Unlimited 7-day MetroCard: $33 (Reduced Fare: $16.50)
- Unlimited 30-day MetroCard: $127 (Reduced Fare: $63.50)
- Express bus: $6.75 (Reduced Fare during off-peak hours only: $3.25)
- Paratransit and Access-A-Ride: $2.75
One Metro New York (OMNY)
OMNY is MTA’s new contactless fare payment system that will eventually replace the MetroCard. With OMNY, you can use your own contactless card or smart device to pay your fare.
This new system is being rolled out in phases. All bus routes, subway stations, and Staten Island Railway locations are now equipped with OMNY.
OMNY currently supports a full-fare, pay-per-ride option for now, including free transfers. Additional fare options will be available during future phases of the rollout, including reduced fares, student fares, special programs, and more. Until then, you can keep using your MetroCard.
Learn more about OMNY.
TransitChek is a pre-tax transit benefit program. If you want to enroll, contact your employer for details.