Former incarcerated people of the New York City Department of Correction can request a Letter of Incarceration, which documents the time they were in jail.

A Letter of Incarceration is sometimes referred to as jail release papers or discharge papers.

Current incarcerated people should request discharge paperwork through the Counseling Services in their current facility.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No