You can file a claim if you have been in an accident with any Department of Sanitation (DSNY) vehicle (such as a garbage truck, snow plow, or other Sanitation vehicle). You can also file a claim if your property has been damaged by any DSNY vehicle.

You must file claims with the City Comptroller’s Office within 90 days of the incident. Claims can be filed online, by mail, or in person. Visit the City Claim page to learn more about filing a claim.

If you need additional help with filling out the claim form, you can call DSNY for assistance.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No