The NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program (also known as "universal baby bonds") provides families, schools, and communities with a way to work together to save for and invest in their children’s futures. It is a scholarship and savings program designed to make college and career training more accessible for public school students.
All families with kindergarten students enrolled in a NYC public school (including participating charter schools), no matter their income or immigration status, can participate in the program.
Your child will be automatically enrolled in the Save for College Program unless you choose not to participate by opting-out. You do not have to do anything to receive a free NYC Scholarship Account.
- Provides an NYC Scholarship Account for every participating student
- All families receive an NYC Scholarship Account with a $100 initial deposit. There are also opportunities to collect up to $200 in early rewards.
- Supports families with the tools and information to develop their own savings plan
- Encourages communities to work together to invest in their children’s NYC Scholarship Accounts
- Reinforces expectations of attending college and career training
- Teaches financial education in the classroom
Learn more about the NYC Kids RISE Save for College program.
Contact your child's school for more information. For contact information, visit the School Finder page.
You can get more information and assistance from NYC Kids RISE.
- Agency: NYC Kids RISE
- Phone Number: (833) 543-7473
- Business Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM; Thursday: 9 AM - 8 PM