Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
The Human Resources Administration (HRA) is trying to eliminate, whenever possible, the need for clients to come into their offices.
Effective immediately, the number of HRA Centers and Offices open to the public has been reduced. You can use the ACCESS HRA website or the ACCESS HRA Mobile App from anywhere and at any time to submit requests to HRA.
Please only visit a Job Center if your needs cannot be met online or by phone. Hours and locations may change. Visit the HRA Center Locations website for more information.
Until further notice:
- All scheduled in-person appointments have been cancelled. You will get a text or email from HRA letting you know your next steps.
- No in-person appointments are necessary for new Cash Assistance or Emergency One-Time Assistance applicants. You can apply on the ACCESS HRA website or the ACCESS HRA Mobile App. Then HRA will call you for your eligibility interview.
- Cash Assistance clients can apply for a Special Grant using ACCESS HRA.
It's very important that HRA have your current contact information. You can update your contact information any time online.
Get more information about COVID-19 and your HRA benefits.
The "One Shot Deal" emergency assistance program helps people who can't meet an expense due to an unexpected situation or event.
Emergency assistance is provided for, but not limited to, the following situations:
- Eviction or dispossess
- Utility disconnection or pending shut off
- Fire disaster
- Domestic violence
- Circumstances that affect the health and safety of the individual or family
You can learn more about the program.
Visit the ACCESS HRA website.
- Agency: Human Resources Administration
- Phone Number: (718) 557-1399
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours. Automated assistance is also available in Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish. Most languages are available through a staff person.