Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Human Resources Administration (HRA) encourages you to stay safe and only visit HRA offices when you are not able to get the assistance you need using the ACCESS HRA website or over the phone.
Emergency assistance, also known as a "One Shot Deal," helps people who can't meet an expense due to an unexpected situation or event.
Emergency financial assistance is provided for, but not limited to, the following situations:
- Rent arrears to prevent your eviction or dispossess (even if you do not have an eviction case in Housing Court)
- Utility disconnection or pending shut off
- Fire disaster
- Domestic violence
- Circumstances that affect the health and safety of the individual or family
Learn more about emergency assistance.
You can also get more information and assistance by phone.
- Agency: Human Resources Administration
- Phone Number: (718) 557-1399
- Business Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM; Wednesday 8 AM - 7 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours, except on City holidays. Automated assistance is also available in Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish. Most languages are available through a staff person. If you get a fast busy signal or hear a message that the number is not in service, please call back later for assistance.
Submit an Application
You can apply for emergency assistance using the ACCESS HRA website or the ACCESS HRA Mobile App.
HRA will call you to complete your telephone eligibility interview. In-person face to face interview appointments at Benefits Access Centers (formerly known as Job Centers) are not available at this time.
Visit the ACCESS HRA website.
Download the ACCESS HRA mobile app.