The "One Shot Deal" emergency assistance program helps people who can't meet an expense due to an unexpected situation or event.
Emergency assistance is provided for, but not limited to, the following situations:
- Eviction or dispossess
- Utility disconnection or pending shut off
- Fire disaster
- Domestic violence
- Circumstances that affect the health and safety of the individual or family
You can learn more about the program.
Visit the ACCESS HRA website.
- Agency: Human Resources Administration
- Phone Number: (718) 557-1399
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours. Automated assistance is also available in Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish. Most languages are available through a staff person.