Call 911
Call 911 to report an alarm going off right now.

You can report a car, house, or other alarm that goes off too often or for too long. You should provide as much detail as possible about when the alarm goes off, what causes it, and in the case of a car alarm, a description of the car and its license plate number.

Picture or Video Attachments

Picture or video attachments may be used for informational purposes only. A condition must be observed in person by a DEP inspector for a summons or Commissioner's order to be issued.

If you have submitted a noise service request to the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), you can request a Noise Inspection Report (NIR) be sent to you.

DEP responds to service requests for noise from:

  • Air Conditioner or Ventilation Equipment
  • Boats
  • Chronic Alarms
  • Construction
  • Dog or Other Animals
  • Factories
  • Ice Cream Trucks
  • Lawn Equipment
  • Private Garbage Trucks
  • Wastewater Treatment Plants

To have the NIR sent to you, you must include:

  • The service request number
  • An email or mailing address

The NIR will be sent to you 14 days after the inspection has been completed. Requests submitted with insufficient information cannot be fulfilled.


Email DEP to request a Noise Inspection Report.

Use "Request for Information" as Message Type and "Noise Control" as Message Topic.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No