The Real Estate Finance Bureau has jurisdiction to review complaints regarding wrongdoing by offerors of real estate securities, including developers or sponsors of condominiums, cooperatives, homeowners’ associations and timeshares.
The Bureau does not investigate or litigate complaints concerning the following subjects:
- Board of cooperative, condominium, or homeowners' association, a majority of the members of which are not affiliated with the sponsor or developer
- Construction defects in an individual unit
- Operations of Mitchell-Lama cooperatives
- Disputes between a landlord and tenant
- Timeshares located and purchased outside of New York State
The Attorney General cannot serve as your private attorney, and the submission of this complaint is NOT a lawsuit. If you have any questions concerning your legal rights or responsibilities, you should contact a private attorney.