You can get the status of most NYC311 Service Requests from Service Request Lookup. Status is not available for any Service Request submitted less than 24 hours ago or more than 365 days ago.
Status is not available in Service Request Lookup for:
- Street light Service Requests
- Traffic signal Service Requests
- Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) Service Requests by consumers against businesses
- Department of Education (DOE) Service Requests about problems besides school maintenance
- Department of Finance (DOF) Service Requests about the Rent Freeze Program and homeowner property tax exemptions
Other ways to check some kinds of status are outlined below. Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to check the status of any Service Request not covered here.
In addition to Service Request Lookup, some Service Requests can also be checked in Agency systems:
- Department of Buildings (DOB) Service Requests can be checked in Building Information Search (BIS)
- Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) Service Requests can be checked in HPD Online
Canceling a Service Request
With the exception of CFC and freon removal appointments and e-waste pickup appointments, you cannot cancel or remove a Service Request or complaint once you have submitted it through 311.