Department of Finance Business Centers provide a variety of services for parking and camera violations, property taxes, and other programs.
At a center, you can:
- Pay parking and camera violations, towing and booting fees, property taxes and related charges
- Have hearings on parking and camera violations that are less than 1 year old
- Request tax or registration clearances, proof of satisfaction, or release documents
- Get or submit program forms, applications, and guides
- Get general assistance and program information
All centers are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment to ensure social distancing at DOF Business Centers. Walk-in customers are still accepted.
You can schedule appointments for:
- Booted/towed vehicles and parking payment plans
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Tax (CMVT)
- Making payments
- Property tax lien sale and payment agreements
- Other customer services
- Cash bail (Only available at Manhattan Business Center):
- Abandonment letter received
- Form/document drop-off
- Refund check pickup
- Court & Trust:
- Form/document drop-off
- Withdrawal check pickup
- In-Person Hearing for Parking Tickets or Camera Violations. Appointments are NOT available for brokers/representatives that are registered in Fleet/Non-Fleet (Commercial Adjudications) or for appeals
- Rent Freeze Program Assistance (Available at the Manhattan and Queens Assistance Centers)
- Property Tax Exemption Assistance (Available at the Manhattan and Queens Assistance Centers)
People With Disabilities or Hearing Impairments
If you have a disability, you can ask the Department of Finance for an accommodation. To learn more, go to the Disability Access page.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can request a sign language interpreter online for Parking Ticket or Property Tax Services.
Schedule an appointment.
You can pay using:
- Personal or certified check* in U.S. currency payable to the “NYC Department of Finance”
- Money order in U.S. currency payable to the “NYC Department of Finance”
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or foreign cards with CVVs)
- Debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express logo)
- Pre-paid card or gift card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express logo)
A 2% service fee is added for credit, debit, and pre-paid or gift card payments. There's no fee for payments by cash, check, or money order.
*Personal checks are not accepted for payment if a vehicle has been booted or towed.