As of April 21, 2019, the current fares are:
- Subways, local buses, and Staten Island Railway: $2.75 (Reduced Fare: $1.35)
- Single ride (only sold at subway vending machines): $3
- Unlimited 7-day MetroCard: $33 (Reduced Fare: $16.50)
- Unlimited 30-day MetroCard: $127 (Reduced Fare: $63.50)
- Express bus: $6.75 (Reduced Fare during off-peak hours only: $3.25)
- Paratransit and Access-A-Ride: $2.75
One Metro New York (OMNY)
OMNY is MTA’s new contactless fare payment system that will eventually replace the MetroCard. With OMNY, you can use your own contactless card or smart device to pay your fare.
This new system is being rolled out in phases. All bus routes, subway stations, and Staten Island Railway locations will be equipped with OMNY by the end of 2020.
OMNY will only be available on a full-fare, pay-per-ride basis until every subway station, bus route, and the Staten Island Railway has this new technology. Until then, you can keep using your MetroCard.
You can get more information about OMNY, including which stations currently have the new payment system installed.
Learn more about OMNY.
TransitChek is a pre-tax transit benefit program. If you want to enroll, contact your employer for details.